Systems Administrator Level 2
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in an established company that is growing at a rapid pace?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are challenged to solve problems and no work day is ever the same?
If this sounds like you, our Systems Administrator opportunity may be just the right fit for you.
IVDesk is a Minnesota-based company who is a leader in the Private Cloud Computing service space focusing on Small to Mid-sized businesses with an existing regional customer base. In the process of going public, IVDesk has over 13 years experience in the Private Cloud hosted desktop and application space. IVDesk is growing dramatically through direct sales, developing trusted adviser relationships and utilizing Channel Partners as part of that growth strategy. We offer employment opportunities at all stages of your professional career and are very employee focused with significant benefits and opportunities for company ownership.
Job Title: Systems Administrator Level 2
Location: Minneapolis office
Reporting Structure: Directly reports to Senior Systems Administrator
Overview of Job Opportunity
Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the highly available and virtualized Windows Server environment across the company and its customers.
Systems Administrators primary duties include: Active Directory user management, SAN management, VM resource management, networking, security, OS management, and customer applications. Additionally, Systems Administrator administers and maintains hardware, system software, security and backups.
Primary Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure the 24/7/365 availability of all systems, applications, and infrastructure
- Configure new servers, applications, updates, and develop processes and procedures that fulfill the support of secure systems
- Participate in anticipating, mitigating, identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software issues on servers in a timely and accurate fashion
- Coordinate with other staff, to prioritize and work on continuing to improve existing systems
- Review new technology according to company direction
- Advanced Remote Desktop and Terminal Server experience
- VMware admin experience (build server from templates, resource management)
- Application experience for a large variety of server based business applications
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Server and AD environment
- Support Compellent, and EMC VNX SANs and surrounding infrastructure
- Track and input time on tickets
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Ability to speak to a non-technical audience about technical problems
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, PC hardware, MS Office, and other systems
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of server hardware and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Experience with multi-vendor SAN and network environment
- Understanding of IT processes and procedures and willingness to follow them
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- 3+ years of multi-vendor enterprise environment work experience
- A college degree (4 year) and/or a technology degree
An ideal candidate will possess some of the following additional skills:
- System Backups
- Exchange Administration
- Enterprise Networking
- Patch Management
- Strong power shell/scripting/automation aptitude
- SQL Admin
- Nerf projectile management
- Web server admin
- Industry certifications (i.e. Cisco, Microsoft, VMware)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual capable of independent work
- Learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Work Environment and Benefits
- Wide ranging and evolving responsibilities that will reward a flexible candidate seeking a challenging and rewarding career.
- Fast-paced change in workload, ensuring no work day is ever the same.
- Opportunity to research and resolve problems even if the solution isn’t at your fingertips.
- Availability for rotating weekend on-call shifts every couple of months depending upon business needs. These can be done from your home. There will also be rotating morning or evening on-call shifts, at most once a week.
- The company recently moved into a brand new, larger space to accommodate its rapidly expanding growth – qualified applicants with a desire to grow their careers as we grow are encouraged to apply.
- Benefits and perks include a choice of employer-sponsored health plans, dental, vision, paid PTO, retirement plan, onsite kitchen, fitness room and much more!
Please send your resume with a cover letter highlighting your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.