Infrastructure Intern (Paid – Eligible for college credit, if desired)
Reports To: Information Security Manager
Location: Minnetonka, MN (Hwy 62/494)
Availability: As soon as possible
Length of Position: Negotiable; if intern is a fit for position, can be extended
Hours Per Week: Flexible 15 – 20 hours per week
Pay Rate: $12/hour
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The Infrastructure intern will initially provide extensive documentation of assets within the company network. This information will be catalogued in a meaningful way to inform teams of current assets and the ability to identify future needs. Technical writing and logical inventory skills will be required to communicate this information. Additional duties include providing simple agent deployment and importing. Tape back-up assistance and additional reporting/documentation work will also be assigned. Through this work, the intern will gain a deeper understanding of company’s infrastructure and be able to contribute to other projects. The ideal intern will be eager to learn basic skills quickly to be able to move on to projects requiring higher-level technical skills.
- At least 2nd Year of a 4-year college program or 2nd year of a 2-year technical program
- Interest in networking/technical work
- Strong independent working skills on projects
- Strong technical writing skills (a sample will be required if asked in for an interview)
- Ability to use Excel and (ideally) Visio, too
ADDITIONAL “BEST FIT” PERSONALITY FEATURES:
- Gravitates to activities that require attention-to-detail with a little patience!
- Likes to organize things
- Prefers to work with little supervision and strives for high productivity independently
- Can follow instructions and not afraid to ask questions or support supervisor with your skills
- Sample of technical writing skill will be requested prior to offer of internship
- Intern may select to use experience for credit or not-for-credit at his/her college
- Upon intern learning the duties of his/her job to a point where independent work is reached, intern may elect to do some work off-hours (nights/weekends) if desired to meet other non-work commitments
Please send your resume with a cover letter highlighting your qualifications to email@example.com.